Internships at Highland Lake Cove
Set on 58 acres in the heart of Flat Rock, NC, Highland Lake Cove is currently accepting applications for internships of 1 month, 3 months, or longer.
Enjoy purposeful and meaningful work and an opportunity to acquire skills in an educational, multi-generational environment that supports people in learning to live more simply, more connected to Nature and each other, and more healthily.
Current options for primary work areas (depending on skill sets) include:
- Grounds maintenance
Secondary work areas (depending on skill sets) may include:
- Carpentry/construction, and more.
The positions available offer an extraordinary opportunity to live, work, and learn in a community that’s passionate about personal development through collaboration, self-responsibility & self-knowledge, and learning new skills.
We are seeking interns who:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have the maturity to self-manage
- Are willing to work in all areas as needed
- Work well both as part of a team and individually
- Have excellent communication skills and are comfortable interacting with retreat and workshop guests of all ages
In this work-trade program, interns will receive:
- Simple lodging
- All training needed
- Possibility of expanding into a paid position, depending on skill sets and other factors