Internships at Highland Lake Cove
Set on 58 acres in the heart of Flat Rock, NC, Highland Lake Cove is currently accepting applications for 2017 internships of 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, or longer.
Enjoy purposeful and meaningful work and an opportunity to acquire skills in an educational, multi-generational environment that supports people in learning to live more simply, more connected to Nature and each other, and more healthily.
Options for primary work areas include:
- Event meal preparation
- Tiny house building
- Event planning
- Grounds maintenance
- Creating products to market
- Small business building
- Marketing support, and more.
The positions available offer an extraordinary opportunity to live, work, and learn in a community that’s passionate about personal development through collaboration, self-responsibility, conflict resolution methods, and plenty of light-hearted fun!
We are seeking interns who:
- Are 18 years or older
- Have the maturity to self-manage
- Are willing to work in all areas as needed
- Work well both as part of a team and individually
- Have excellent communication skills and are comfortable interacting with retreat and workshop guests of all ages
- Are willing to work 40 hours per week
In this work-trade program, interns will receive:
- Room and board (including 3 meals a day)
- Wi-Fi use
- All training needed
- Stipend, depending on experience – up to $300 per month